We are committed to...
The synergy of unique and complementary strengths is our founding principle. It is a powerful lever for performance and efficiency. Our brands benefit from shared expertise, design capabilities, resources and solutions.
This group dynamic dictates our transformation and our innovation priorities for the common good, based on strong commitments :
- Creating a customer experience that prevents and assists as much as it insures ;
- Sharing our risk science to raise awareness and commit to prevention;
- Developing offers that meet environmental and societal challenges ;
- Transforming digital and open innovation opportunities into useful, responsible solutions.
AN ENHANCED CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
High value-added partnerships
Initiated in 2005, our investment in the Santéclair platform now benefits more than three million health policyholders with our MAAF, MMA and GMF brands. The related optimised care pathway is based on negotiated services and quality criteria binding more than 7,500 Santéclair-selected health professionals.
We received an Argus d’Or award in the “Motor claims management initiatives” category for our “ILLI’Cars” service, which, in the event of a vehicle breakdown, offers a replacement vehicle delivery and collection service at the policyholder’s chosen address. This original offer resulted from our subsidiary Fidélia Assistance‘s exclusive partnership with the Entreprise Rent-A-Car company, which handles vehicle supply and reservation.
Covéa also offers a 24/7 remote monitoring service, in partnership with Vérisure, the European leader in this market. This offer is part of the new Covéa service platform where members can benefit from a range of services, advice, tools and preferred partner offers that go far beyond insurance.
Towards a new customer relationship model
We want to offer the best insurance experience to our members and customers. Faced with the acceleration of changes experienced by the insurance market, this challenge involves a profound change in our approach to customer relations. Our ECLA program aims to offer an absolute customer experience: personalized, enriched by new services, fluid and responsive through redesigned customer journeys and new postures.
Measuring satisfaction in a continuous improvement approach
We also use annual studies to measure our members and customers’ satisfaction, their relationship with our brands, their loyalty and how they perceive our offer’s ease of use and value for money.
Innovation serving prevention
CESVI France, a 90%-owned subsidiary of the Covéa Group since the end of 2015, works to improve automotive repair techniques, helps to anticipate claims frequency trends and enhances our service offer for members and customers, particularly in terms of prevention.
We have also developed innovative tools for claims prevention, alerts and monitoring :
- « Coventéo » models natural perils, such as storms, frost and climate risks.
- « Covisiomap » helps to classify risks at the time of underwriting, for better prevention and adjusted pricing.
- In partnership with the producers of the Waze app, GMF issues instant road safety messages to users during their journeys on motorways and work commutes, including in the event of weather warnings.
Supporting new technologies
The Group sponsored the insurtech category of the “Global Fintech Challenge 2016” competition, which brought together nearly 130 fintech and insurtech start-ups that had developed new technologies and services in banking and insurance.
How can we enable policyholders take control of their risk? We decided to contribute to this question by supporting testamento.fr. This online service, designed with notaries and lawyers, provides estate planning information to web users and helps them to draft their own will.
INSURING NEW USES
Cover tailored to new modes of transport
We now insure new, collaborative modes of transport such as car-sharing, mobility and peer-to-peer renting :
- Our innovative “mobility” solution covers the excess payable by the policyholder in the event of a claim on a vehicle rented from a car hire firm, an individual or a car-sharing company. It includes cover for drivers, transported contents and financial losses.
- Our “rental” solution provides protection for both the policyholder and the vehicle renter. In the event of a claim, there is no impact on the policyholder’s policy, whether in terms of no claims bonus or deductibles.
- Carpooler insurance is included in all MAAF, MMA and GMF motor policies at no extra cost.
Responses to combat new risks
In the face of increasingly frequent cyber risks and policyholders’ need to protect both themselves and their children, particularly against cyber harassment on social networks, we have enhanced our legal protection policy for GMF members and customers :
- We have created “digital life” cover offering legal and financial support, included in “Essential” our basic package, and upwards, to customers who have been the victim of identity theft, fraud or reputational damage or are involved in a dispute related to a product or service purchased online..
- “Comprehensive” package subscribers, meanwhile, benefit from the service of a specialised data removal agent to erase or relegate any damaging information so that it no longer appears on the first page of search engine listings.
USEFUL DIGITAL SOLUTIONS
Lab Covéa, an incubator of ideas
Lab Covéa supports and acts as the catalyst for innovative projects in-house. In 2017, three main new experiments were developed to further enhance customer service.
- « My Local Community », collaborative platform witch allows public sector workers to share tips and best deals ;
- « Help Impôts » (Help Taxes), system for welcoming customers and prospective customers to ours branches to facilitate tax actions ;
- « Mon Artisan Idéal » (My Ideal Craftsman), etablishement of a directory of best local craftsmen in each branch.
Improving support in the event of personal misfortune
« CovéaLink » gives policyholders who are hospitalised or disabled free use of a remote controlled robot. This service facilitates real-time interaction to avoid breaking social ties and maintains mobility to improve users’ quality of life.
The « ECLAIR » programme is aimed at developing services that offer customers the best possible support during the handling of their claims, via a multi-brand, multi-channel approach.
The « MAAF et Moi » application is a typical Covéa Lab product. It provides customers with real-time updates on the progress of major motor or house insurance claims, can put them in touch with their claims adviser or another operator, displays all their written correspondence with MAAF, enables them to send any documents needed to manage the claim efficiently and allows them to track vehicle repairs with MAAF-approved providers.
Facilitating our policyholders’ everyday lives
To improve the everyday lives of members and customers looking to purchase a vehicle, we have developed a simple, clear website that allows them to consult the opinions of drivers and users to help them make a choice with confidence. The avis-auto.fr site lists MAAF policyholders’ reviews, exclusively, of a large number of vehicle models. The reviews are systematically vetted providing a trouble-free, trust-based solution.
These contents may also be of interest to you
Adapt to new uses
Indicators and key figures