Eurapco, creating value together
We have been a member of Eurapco*, which is active in 18 European countries, for more than 15 years.
This alliance of independent European mutual insurance groups, founded in 1992, seeks to facilitate exchange between its members within working groups covering three main themes: digital transformation, public health spending and innovation. It serves as a resource for members enabling them to strengthen their positions and improve their performance in their local markets, and to develop synergies at European level based on mutual assistance and trust.
Eurapco currently has eight members :
- Achmea : this insurance group, founded in the Netherlands more than 200 years ago, has operations in six countries (the Netherlands, Ireland, Turkey, Greece, Slovakia and Australia) and offers health insurance, life insurance and property and liability insurance. Achmea insures almost half of all Dutch households.
- Caser : this 75-year-old Spanish group is active in all sectors of the insurance market: motor, home, health, professional and corporate, life insurance and retirement, agricultural, etc. It markets its products via a network of nearly 2,400 insurance agents and brokers in more than 10,000 points of sale.
- Gothaer : is one of Germany’s largest mutual groups of any sector. Created in 1820, it sells a wide range of insurance products in the main market sectors. Gothaer is the ninth largest German non-life insurer.
- Länsförskringär : based in Sweden, this alliance of 23 local and regional insurance mutuals offers a comprehensive range of banking services, insurance products and real estate brokerage solutions. Länsförskringär is Sweden’s leading non-life insurer and its fifth biggest .
- LocalTapiola : this Finnish group, composed of around 20 regional companies, serves private individuals, farmers, self-employed professionals and corporates. LocalTapiola sells a comprehensive range of solutions for property and liability insurance, life insurance and retirement insurance, as well as savings and investment services.
- Reale Group : this international group operates in Italy and Spain and offers a diversified range of products for the insurance, banking, real estate and services sectors. With a solvency margin of 241%, Reale Group bases its development on its financial strength, in line with its cooperative values.
- Swiss Mobiliar : founded in 1826, this is Switzerland’s oldest private insurance company. Swiss Mobiliar insures one in three Swiss homes and is also active in the other main insurance sectors, and in Liechtenstein.
- Covéa : have a look around our site to find out more about the Group.
* source : Eurapco – data at-end 2015.
Focus on members
|Members||Countries||Number of customers (in millions)||Number of employees|
|Achmea||Netherlands||12,5 *||15 412 *|
|Caser||Spain||2,3 *||1 711 *|
|Covéa||France||11,5 **||21 000 **|
|Gothaer||Germany||3,5 *||5 820 *|
|Länsförskringär||Sweden||3,7 *||5 871 *|
|LocalTapiola||Finland||1,6 *||3 465 *|
|Reale Group||Italy||3,4 *||2 981 *|
|Swiss Mobiliar||Switzerland||1,7 *||4 462 *|
* source : Eurapco – data at-end 2015.
** in France.
Key figures at 31 December 2016
0millionaggregate Eurapco customers and members
0aggregate Eurapco employees
0billion eurosaggregate Eurapco earned premiums
AMICE, for mutual benefit
We are also members of AMICE, the Association of Mutual Insurers and Insurance Cooperatives in Europe, formed in 2008 as a result of the merger of AISAM (International Association of Mutual Insurance Companies, founded in 1964) and ACME (Association of European Cooperative and Mutual Insurers, founded in 1978).
This association offers members of all sizes a space in which to exchange know-how and experience beyond national borders. It also serves to promote the mutual and cooperative business model, in particular with regard to the European authorities.
AMICE currently has 104 members in around 20 European countries.
These contents may also be of interest to you
Innovating for the common good
Adapt to new uses