International and health / personal protection inwards reinsurance
Our international reinsurance business was launched in Strasbourg in 1954, where it is still carried out by a team of 32 employees.
In 2015, Covéa created a Health and Personal Protection Reinsurance Division to support the health mutual companies and provident institutions in France. This new activity within the mutualist group reflects the desire to provide responses to social economy organisations that wish to cede health and personal protection risk and benefit from risk control solutions.
Since 1 January 2017, the international and health and personal protection inwards reinsurance activities have been backed by one of the Group’s entities, Covéa Coopérations.
With financial strength that meets the requirements of ceding companies, Covéa Coopérations is rated A+ by Standard & Poor’s and A by AM Best.
Close-up look at the International Inwards Reinsurance business
Our underwriting policy is based on the principle of continuity, with emphasis on long-term relationships with selected partners. These partners know that they can count on our teams’ professionalism and commitment for many years.
The Group’s international inwards reinsurance business spans 35 countries. Premium income in 2016 for market deals totalled €137.5 million, up 8.5%.
We have a strong presence in Europe, where approximately 70% of this portfolio’s premiums are written. Our growth strategy is based on geographic diversification. In 2016, partnerships were formed with ceding companies in English-speaking Canada. Business development has also continued in Morocco.
2016 key figures
0million eurospremium income (of which €137.5 million for market deals)
International Inwards Reinsurance Division :
1 allée du Wacken
67978 Strasbourg Cedex 9 France
Contact : email@example.com
Tel : +33 3 88 11 71 51
Our visiting address
12 rue Wenger Valentin
67 000 Strasbourg
By car :
- From Paris, take A4 in the direction of Metz-Nancy, then take A350 to the Wacken exit.
- Follow the “European institutions” signs.
- Visitor parking, 11 open access places at 12 rue Wenger Valentin.
- “Rives de l’Aar” public parking 200m away.
By train :
- Arrival at Strasbourg central station.
- Then, option to take the tramway.
By tramway :
- From Strasbourg central station, take line A or D. Get off at “Homme de fer” and take line B (in the direction of Hoenheim Gare) and get off at the “Wacken” stop».
- Or walk 300m to the “Alt Winmarik” stop (Vieux marché aux vins). Take line B (in the direction of Hoenheim Gare) and get off at the “Wacken” stop.
By plane :
Arrival at Strasbourg-Entzheim airport (then taxi or SNCF shuttle).
These contents may also be of interest to you
Innovating together for the common good
At your side in case of a claim
Indicators and key figures