Covéa signs the Principles for Responsible Investment
Covéa announces its signing of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) supported by the United Nations.
A committed network
Covéa thus joins an international network of institutional investors committed to including environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues in investment decisions and active shareholding.
For Olivier Le Borgne, Chief Investment Officer of Covéa, "As a socially responsible company, Covéa's commitment to PRI reinforces the integration of the ESG dimension into our investment strategy. We are happy to contribute to this initiative and to work together with a worldwide network of investors on these issues."
6 main principles
By adhering to the PRI, Covéa commits itself to six main principles:
- Take ESG issues into account in the analysis and decision-making process in investment matters.
- Be active investors and consider ESG issues in shareholder policies and practices.
- Require entities in which they invest to disclose appropriate information on ESG issues.
- Promote the acceptance and application of the Principles among the asset management industry.
- Work together to increase effectiveness in the application of the Principles.
- Report individually on activities and progress in the application of the Principles.
Read the press release: